12 Tips to Have Less Chaos at Home
- Have company over once in a while so the
house gets cleaned.
- If it takes less than a minute, do it now.
(hang up your coat, put your coffee mug in the dishwasher, put away
anything you took out)
- If you have two or more things that serve the
same function, keep the newest or best one and get rid of the
- Every day, toss or put away five things that
are out of place.
- When de-cluttering a room, start at the
doorway and go right or left. Then if
youíre interrupted, you can see where you stopped.
- Donít de-clutter and clean the same day.
- Keep all your house information (insurance,
warrantees, receipts, directions to program VCR) together in a file,
binder, drawer, desk, box or paper bag.
- Never climb stairs empty-handed as long as
thereís something that should be
- Donít let something come into your home
unless you have a place for it.
- Glance over your left shoulder every time you
leave a room. Pick up the clutter
you spot and take it with you.
- Learn to delegate.
- Learn to ignore. Relationships are more
important than chasing dust bunnies.
Please use this bio:
Rita Emmett, author of The Procrastinatorís Handbook, is
a professional speaker who presents Keynotes and Seminars nationwide.
She can be reached at 847-699-9950 and email is
To subscribe to her free monthly Anticrastination Tip sheet with quick
short tips & ideas to help break the procrastination habit, go to the
first page of her website
Back to Journalist Main
Call now to schedule Rita to present to your group
Contact Rita at: